All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionMost practical applications of artificial neural networks are based on a computational model involving the propagation of continuous variables from one processing unit to the next. In recent years, data from neurobiological experiments have made it increasingly clear that biological neural networks, which communicate through pulses, use the timing of the pulses to transmit information and perform computation. This realization has stimulated significant research on pulsed neural networks, including theoretical analyses and model development, neurobiological modeling, and hardware implementation. This book presents the complete spectrum of current research in pulsed neural networks and includes the most important work from many of the key scientists in the field. Terrence J. Sejwski's foreword, Neural Pulse Coding, presents an overview of the topic. The first half of the book consists of longer tutorial articles spanning neurobiology, theory, algorithms, and hardware. The second half contains a larger number of shorter research chapters that present more advanced concepts. The contributors use consistent tation and termilogy throughout the book. Contributors: Peter S. Burge, Stephen R. Deiss, Rodney J. Douglas, John G. Elias, Wulfram Gerstner, Alister Hamilton, David Horn, Axel Jahnke, Richard Kempter, Wolfgang Maass, Alessandro Mortara, Alan F. Murray, David P. M. Northmore, Irit Opher, Kostas A. Papathanasiou, Michael Recce, Barry J. P. Rising, Ulrich Roth, Tim Schonauer, Terrence J. Sejwski, John Shawe-Taylor, Max R. van Daalen, J. Leo van Hemmen, Philippe Venier, Hermann Wagner, Adrian M. Whatley, Anthony M. Zador.
- Author BiographyChristopher M. Bishop is Assistant Director at Microsoft Research, Cambridge, and Professor of Computer Science at the University of Edinburgh.
- PublisherMIT Press Ltd
- Date of Publication18/04/2001
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleBradford Books
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBradford Books
- Content Note198
- Weight681 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byChristopher M. Bishop,Wolfgang Maass
- Foreword byTerrence J. Sejnowski
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.