All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Descriptionviii and approaches could be adapted to other coal conversion and combustion problems, we have t considered combustion or gasification in fluidized or fixed beds or in situ processes. In addition, we have t considered other fossil-fuel combustion problems associated with oil shale, tar sands, etc., even though many aspects of pulverized-coal combustion would relate to these problems. For the case of pulverized-coal models, we have attempted to provide a detailed description of the model foundations. Parts I and II of this book emphasize general principles for describing reacting, turbulent or laminar, multiphase systems. General conservation equations are developed and summarized. The basis for computing thermochemical equilibrium in complex, heterogeneous mixtures is presented, together with techniques for rapid computation and reference to required input data. Rate processes are then discussed, including pertinent aspects of turbulence, chemical kinetics, radiative heat transfer, and gas-particle convective-diffusive interactions. Much of Part II deals with parameters and coefficients for describing these complex rate processes. This part of the book provides recommended values of coefficients and parameters for treating complex reacting flows. Parts I and II may well be suitable for use in an advanced course in reacting flows, and have been written partly with that in mind. Part III deals with more specific aspects of pulverized-coal characteristics and rate processes. Following a general description of coal structure and constitution, coal pyrolysis and char oxidation processes are considered.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/03/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byL.D. Smoot
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1979
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.