All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor fans of music and edgy fashion, this is the story of punk, told by the people who lived it and the shirts on their back. The punk revolution wasn t just music it also shaped fashion, especially the ripped, often handmade T-shirts emblazoned with provocative slogans.Punk Teescaptures this youthful revolt through the people who lived it and the clothing they wore. It charts the evolution of punk, T-shirt by T-shirt, from the genre s roots in the 1960s through its zenith in the mid-1970s/early 1980s, to its legacy today. Moving from the Ramones in New York, to their British counterparts the Sex Pistols, to Metal Urbain in Paris, to bands in Germany, Australia, Scandinavia, and Japan, this book illuminates what punk culture really meant. Included are original interviews with fans discussing their own customized punk T-shirts, as well as with punk s key influencers.
- Author BiographyMartin Popoff is the author of 50 rock books, includingThe Ramones at 40andFade to Black: Hard Rock Cover Art of the Vinyl Age(both Sterling) as well as a 20-year veteran writer for the likes ofGoldmine, Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles, Guitar World, CMJ, and bravewords.com. Additionally, Martin served as consultant and researcher for Banger Films on feature films as well as the TV seriesMetal EvolutionandRock Icons, and is a regular speaker at conferences on the history of heavy metal. He lives in Toronto, Ontario.
- Author(s)Martin Popoff
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight1134 g
- Width231 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.