All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTake a fresh look at Puntos -- it's everything you wanted and more than you hoped for. Puntos has offered more than a million students a solid foundation to their language studies. The new edition of Puntos maintains its pioneer approach of the development of all four skills with a strong grammar and vocabulary foundation, as well as the teacher tested activities. The new design of Puntos brings to this program the best tradition of excellence and outstanding instructor support adaptable to different teaching and learning styles. Puntos , the most successful Intro Spanish program ever, is w: breaking new ground to meet the changing needs for face-to-face, hybrid, and online Spanish programs. offering students more opportunities to develop their communication skills via TelePuntos, a new integrated video program with corresponding in-text and digital activities. invating through LearnSmart, a first-of-its-kind adaptive learning system within McGraw-Hill Connect, adjusts to the learning needs of every student This new edition of Puntos provides students with all of the necessary tools to take their second language acquisition from the classroom into their daily lives in an efficient and personalized way. With Connect Spanish, the exclusive digital learning platform from McGraw-Hill, students have access to Mundo interactivo, an immersive, story-based world where they experience the thrill of mastering relevant, task-based communication scenarios in real-world contexts. Also, with synchrous and asynchrous video chat functionality, students can easily engage in communication practice online. Additionally, McGraw-Hill and Blackboard(R) have teamed up to simplify the instructor and student digital learning experience! McGraw-Hill allows you to manage your course content, assignments, assessments, and grades all from within your institution's existing Blackboard environment. Puntos -- it WILL take you there!
- Author BiographyThalia Dorwick has taught at Allegheny College, California State University (Sacramento), and Case Western Reserve University, where she received her Ph.D. in Spanish in 1973. She has been recognized as an Outstanding Foreign Language Teacher by the California Foreign Language Teachers Association. Dr. Dorwick is the coauthor of several textbooks and the author of several articles on language teaching issues. Ana Maria Perez-Girones is an adjunct Professor of Spanish oat Western University, Middletown, Connecticut. She received a Licenciatura en Filologia Anglogermanica from the Universidad de Sevilla in 1985, and her M.A. in General Linguistics from Cornell University in 1988. Her professional interests include second language acquisition and the integration of cultural competence and technology in language teaching Anne Becher received her M.A. in Hispanic Linguistics in 1992 from the University of Colorado, Boulder, where she coordinates Beginning Spanish and teaches pedagogy and methods courses for the Department of Spanish and Portuguese. She has taught beginning through advanced levels of Spanish since 1996, including several years teaching Modified Spanish classes for students with difficulty learning languages. Dr. Casilde A. Isabelli is an Associate Professor of Spanish at the University of Nevada, Reno, who received her Ph.D. in Spanish Applied Linguistics and a certificate in Second Language Acquisition and Teacher Education (SLATE) from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2001. Her research concerns adult second language acquisition in the formal classroom and study-abroad setting, multilingualism, and pedagogy. She has taught and/or currently teaches: Teaching of Foreign Languages Seminar, Romance Applied Linguistics, Introduction to Hispanic Linguistics, Spanish Phonetics and Phonology, and Spanish Composition, and hybrid Beginning Spanish. She was also the Coordinator of the Basic Spanish Language Program at UNR from 2001 until 2010. In addition to teaching at UNR since 2000, she has taught at the University of Iowa, the University of Minnesota, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Universitat de Barcelona, and Sonoma State University.
- Author(s)A. Raymond Elliott,Ana Maria Perez-Girones,Anne Becher,Casilde A. Isabelli,Thalia Dorwick
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2011
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, black & white line drawings, colour line drawings, maps
- Weight1585 g
- Width208 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementStudent ed of 9th revised ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $53.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.