All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn this sophisticated and compelling introduction to puppet theatre, Penny Francis offers engaging contemporary perspectives on this universal art-form. She provides an account of puppetry's different facets, from its demands and techniques, through its uses and abuses, to its history and philosophy. Now recognized as a valuable and powerful medium used in the making of most forms of theatre and filmed work, those referring to Puppetry will discover something of the roots, dramaturgy, literature and techniques of this visual art form. The book gathers together material from an international selection of sources, bringing puppet theatre to life for the student, practitioner and amateur alike.
- Author BiographyPENNY FRANCISis Honorary Fellowof the Central School of Speech and Drama, London,UK,where sheis Lecturer in Puppetry.She isco-founder ofthe Puppet Centre Trust, the national development agency for the art form, and was awarded the MBE for services to puppetry in 1998.Francis is collaborating editor of three volumes, Aspects of Puppet Theatre and A History of European Puppetry (Volumes One and Two) and has written numerous articles for international conferences and journals.
- Author(s)Penny Francis
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication16/11/2011
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleReadings in Theatre Practice
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight474 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.