Puppies: Puppy Book for Kids!: Learning the Fun Way to Love & Care for Your First Dog by Gary Dickinson (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPuppies: Puppy Book For Kids is a book about learning the fun way to love & care for your first dog. Puppies are so cute, cuddly and down right irresistible and Coco was exception! From the moment we laid eyes on her, there was just that something about Coco that yelled out TAKE ME HOME; TAKE ME HOME!! In his book, the author shares the joy of owning and taking care of Coco his Toy Poodle. The photos in this book have been chosen by Coco and taken out of Coco's personal portfolio just as they are. No photoshopping, enhancing or manipulating in any shape or form. They will bring Coco alive and show her as authentic, cute and down right adorable! Puppies, matter what kind of dog it is, always look cute and cuddly. They excite children... heck, they excite and melt all of our hearts when we see them. It's like they are born to love us right from day 1. Their joy and happiness are evident from the minute they arrive in the world. But, as the author also found out, owning a puppy is exhausting work. Even for a small little Toy Poodle!! Although fun, this book is intended to bring out some of the responsibilities of owning a puppy together with the joys and rewards. It's about Puppy Love: A children's book about learning the fun way to love & care for your first dog. Children are always attracted to dogs, and more specifically, to puppies. What's t to love and draw you to that cute little bundle of fur. It's like children can see that these animals are their perfect playmate. Puppies have something that shares their own energy level. The pictures in this book will show the playfulness and cuteness of a puppy while the text brings a certain amount of education about keeping and caring for a dog. Added to that, the author has also included some fun learning experiences for the children reading the book e.g. counting balls; recognizing objects in photos; participating in what they see. Just like children, dogs learn extremely quickly and that their behaviors have consequences. Dogs are particularly responsive to praise so it's important to constantly praise your dog when it does something well (or what you want). This will go a long way to teaching your dog obedience and control. Some of the responsibilities shared in the book are things like walking or exercising the dog including the responsibility of cleaning up after it, washing, brushing, grooming, health care e.g. vaccinations, feeding, keeping the water bowl full, training and the need for obedience. Children are helped to understand these concepts with the illustrations and related text. For parents of children begging to have a puppy, this book will serve to help prepare them for dog ownership. The book should encourage meaningful conversation about the merits of owning a dog along with the duties that need to be considered with that ownership. It will also help evaluate the readiness for that big step of Puppy Love and owning Your First Dog.
- Author BiographyGary Dickinson always felt there was at least one book 'inside him'. In 2013 he traded the corporate world for the life of a writer, and today shares his diverse interests through his children's books. His love of nature is captured in his series of books on birds, mammals, reptiles and amphibians, while his passion for planes has generated a series on aviation. Gary's books are read and loved by children around the world, and Gary brings his stories to life to inspire a new generation of adventurers and nature lovers. Gary's philosophy is simple: you don't need to go far for adventure - if you look closely, you'll find it right on your doorstep! Dream Big Gary Dickinson
- Author(s)Gary Dickinson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.