All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPurchasing is championed as key to improving health systems performance. However, despite the central role the purchasing function plays in many health system reforms, there is very little evidence about its development or its real impact on societal objectives. This book addresses this gap and provides: a comprehensive account of the theory and practice of purchasing for health services across Europe; an up-to-date analysis of the evidence on different approaches to purchasing; support for policy-makers and practitioners as they formulate purchasing strategies so that they can increase effectiveness and improve performance in their own national context; and, an assessment of the intersecting roles of citizens, the government and the providers. Written by leading health policy analysts, this book is essential reading for health policy makers, planners and managers as well as researchers and students in the field of health studies. Contributors include: Toni Ashton, Philip Berman, Michael Borowitz, Helmut Brand, Reinhard Busse, Andrea Donatini, Martin Dlouhy, Antonio Duran, Tamas Evetovits, Andre P. van den Exter, Josep Figueras, Nick Freemantle, Julian Forder, Peter Gaal, Chris Ham, Brian Hardy, Petr Hava, David Hunter, Danguole Jankauskiene, Maris Jesse, Ninel Kadyrova, Joe Kutzin, John Langenbrunner, Donald W. Light, Hans Maarse, Nicholas Mays, Martin McKee, Eva Orosz, John A vretveit, Dominique Polton, Alexander S. Preker, Thomas A. Rathwell, Sabine Richard, Ray Robinson, Andrei Rys, Constanti Sakellarides, Sergey Shishkin, Peter C. Smith, Markus Schneider, Francesco Taroni, Marcial Velasco-Garrido, and Miriam Wiley.
- Author BiographyJosep Figueras is the Head of the Secretariat and Research Director of the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies and the Head, WHO European Centre for Health Policy Ray Robinson is Professor of Health Policy, LSE, Health and Social Care, London School of Economics and Political Science. Elke Jakubowski is acting Regional Adviser, Futures Fora, at the WHO Regional Office for Europe, and research associate of the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies.
- Author(s)Elke Jakubowski,Josep Figueras,Ray Robinson
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleEuropean Observatory on Health Systems & Policies S.
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.