All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSir Thomas Sopwith's 101-year life spanned aviation history. A contemporary of the Wright brothers, he went on to become a highly successful airplane manufacturer in his own right: his Camel and Pup revolutionized aerial combat in World War I. His Hurricane and Lancaster were among the most successful designs of World War II and the remarkable Harrier jump jet emerged from an industrial empire that included over time, Sopwith Aviation, Hawker Siddeley, and AV Roe, an empire that employed up to 127,000 people. But Thomas Sopwith was more than a remarkable aviation pioneer and industrialist, he was a sportsman in the old tradition and one of the world's leading 12-meter-class yachtsmen. Pure Luck traces the remarkable history of Sopwith, narrates the moments of triumph and tragedy during his early life and describes the events leading to his 80-year involvement in aeronautics - ballooning, early days at Brooklands, and the founding of Sopwith Aviation. His wisdom and record of achievement are recorded as Pure Luck reveals Tommy Sopwith's private and business life and places his astonishing career in perspective. With justification, Sir Thomas Sopwith can be classed among the most influential n-political figures this century.
- Author BiographyAlan Bramson is an accomplished pilot and author of 22 aviation books, a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society and a Liveryman of the Guild of Air Pilots and Air Navigators. Alan has contributed to around 800 magazine articles.
- Author(s)Alan E. Bramson
- PublisherCrecy Publishing
- Date of Publication15/10/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationCheshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCrecy Publishing
- Content Note100ill.
- Weight454 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.53
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.