All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe final confrontation between the Alien Alliance and the Terran Empire begins in this exciting conclusion to the Brink of Distinction trilogy. One-by-one, the brilliant suns of Alliance space are disappearing, left cold and lifeless after exposure to the Terran biological epidemic. Trapped on one of the sunless worlds, Keryn Riddell, the ruthless Wyndgaart warrior, fights against both a frozen landscape and her Terran captors. As Keryn fights for her life, the psychic Yen Xiao leads the Alliance fleet in pursuit of the Terran Destroyers threatening the Alliance homeworlds. Yearning for leadership of the fleet, Yen begins to wonder just how far he ll go for the power he craves.
- Author BiographyFor the past twelve years, I have found a cathartic passion in artistic endeavors. I've tried my hand at painting (which ended when my moon was fondly compared to a 2-year-olds version of the Death Star) and woodworking (at which point I realized I should not be allowed around power tools), before finally settling on writing. Over the past decade my writing has gained a certain level of complexity and maturity, which is a direct result of my own maturing while serving in the United States Army. I'm now an Army Major with multiple combat and humanitarian deployments. I've found a balance in my writing between the realism of war (as seen in the Brink of Distinction series), difficulties of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (as seen in Rage), and the complexities of maintaining relationships (which is prevalent in all my writing). Jon Messenger (Born 1979 in London, England) serves as an United States Army Major in the Medical Service Corps. Since graduating from the University of Southern California in 2002, writing Science Fiction has remained his passion, a passion that has continued through two deployments to Iraq and a humanitarian relief mission to Haiti. Jon wrote the Brink of Distinction trilogy, of which Burden of Sisyphus is the first book, while serving a 16-month deployment in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Author(s)Jon Messenger
- PublisherCrimson Tree Publishing
- Date of Publication09/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleBrink of Distinction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrimson Tree Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.