Purification of Laboratory Chemicals by Christina Chai, W. L. F. Armarego (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $190.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $341.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA best seller since 1966, Purification of Laboratory Chemicals keeps engineers, scientists, chemists, biochemists and students up to date with the purification of the chemical reagents with which they work, the processes for their purification, and guides readers on critical safety and hazards for the safe handling of chemicals and processes. The Seventh Edition is fully updated and provides expanded coverage of the latest commercially available chemical products and processing techniques, safety and hazards: over 200 pages of coverage of new commercially available chemicals since the previous edition. * The only comprehensive chemical purification reference, a market leader since 1966, Amarego delivers essential information for research and industrial chemists, pharmacists and engineers: '...(it) will be the most commonly used reference book in any chemical or biochemical laboratory' (MDPI Journal)* An essential lab practice and proceedures manual. Improves efficiency, results and safety by providing critical information for day-to-day lab and processing work. Improved, clear organization and new indexing delivers accurate, reliable information on processes and techniques of purification along with detailed physical properties* The Sixth Edition has been reorganised and is fully indexed by CAS Registry Numbers; compounds are w grouped to make navigation easier; literature references for all substances and techniques have been added; ambiguous alternate names and cross references removed; new chemical products and processing techniques are covered; hazards and safety remain central to the book
- Author BiographyWilfred L. F. Armarego graduated BSc (Hons) in 1953 and PhD from the University of London in 1956 and came to Australia in that year. After two years at the Central Research Laboratories (ICIANZ) in Melbourne, where he worked on plant growth substances, and one year on potentially carcinogenic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons at the University of Melbourne as Senior Demonstrator in Organic Chemistry, he joined the Department of Medical Chemistry as a Research Fellow in 1960. He became a Fellow in 1963 and was awarded a DSc degree (London) in 1968. He was promoted to Senior Fellow in 1967 and began research work on the biochemistry and molecular biology of pteridine-requiring enzymes related to the inherited metabolic disease phenylketonuria and its variants. He was head of the Protein Biochemistry Group and Pteridine Biochemistry Laboratory until his retirement in 1996. He is now a visiting fellow at the John Curtin School of Medical Research, and member of the editorial boards of 'Medicinal Research Reviews' and 'Pteridines' journals.
- Author(s)Christina Chai,W. L. F. Armarego
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication08/11/2012
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight2744 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine64 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.