Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.03
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.31
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.40
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $45.22
- AU $27.53Trending at AU $38.19
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $13.38
About this product
- DescriptionA magnum opus for our morally complex times from the author of Freedom Young Pip Tyler doesn't kw who she is. She kws that her real name is Purity, that she's saddled with $130,000 in student debt, that she's squatting with anarchists in Oakland, and that her relationship with her mother--her only family--is hazardous. But she doesn't have a clue who her father is, why her mother chose to live as a recluse with an invented name, or how she'll ever have a rmal life. Enter the Germans. A glancing encounter with a German peace activist leads Pip to an internship in South America with The Sunlight Project, an organization that traffics in all the secrets of the world--including, Pip hopes, the secret of her origins. TSP is the brainchild of Andreas Wolf, a charismatic provocateur who rose to fame in the chaos following the fall of the Berlin Wall. Now on the lam in Bolivia, Andreas is drawn to Pip for reasons she doesn't understand, and the intensity of her response to him upends her conventional ideas of right and wrong. Purity is a grand story of youthful idealism, extreme fidelity, and murder. The author of The Corrections and Freedom has imagined a world of vividly original characters--Californians and East Germans, good parents and bad parents, journalists and leakers--and he follows their intertwining paths through landscapes as contemporary as the omnipresent Internet and as ancient as the war between the sexes. Purity is the most daring and penetrating book yet by one of the major writers of our time.
- Author BiographyJonathan Franzen is the author of Purity and four other novels, most recently The Corrections and Freedom, and five works of nonfiction and translation, including Farther Away and The Kraus Project, all published by FSG. He is a member of the American Academy of Arts and Letters, the German Akademie der Kunste, and the French Ordre des Arts et des Lettres.
- Author(s)Jonathan Franzen
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight617 g
- Width131 mm
- Height151 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Read byDylan Baker,Jenna Lamia,Robert Petkoff
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1500
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.