All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionSilvena Rowe invites you on a journey through Oriental Mediterranean history, sampling some of the best-kept secrets of the culinary world along the way. The olive, rosemary and basil of the west are here combined with the exotic spices of the east, for a contemporary cuisine of surprising lightness and variety - proof, if proof were needed, that there is more to the Mediterranean than just Italy and France. It's food for sharing, food for healthy living, food for celebrating - and above all it's delicious! Silvena Rowe gives her own modern twist to the classic recipes of a rich tradition, following in the footsteps of the great Ottoman chefs who combined the sweet and the sour, the fresh and the dried, the honey and cinnamon, saffron and sumac, scented rose and orange flower waters. Presenting mouth-watering recipes alongside stunning photography, Purple Citrus & Sweet Perfume brings to life the natural beauty and irresistible flavours of the Eastern Mediterranean.
- Author BiographySilvena Rowe was born and raised in the ancient city of Plovdiv, just 500 kilometres from the Ottoman capital of Constantinople. Her Turkish father instilled in her a love of cooking, and he passed down, as generations had before him, the traditions of the Ottoman cuisine. Silvena's familial and professional backgrounds place her in a unique position to share with others the best of the Eastern Mediterranean kitchen. Silvena is the executive chef at the Baltic Group restaurants, which includes the London restaurants Baltic, Chez Kristoff and Wodka. She regularly appears on Saturday Kitchen (BBC1) where she is among the highest-profile female chefs. In the past she has appeared on ITV's Saturday Cook and Great Food Live (UKTV Food Network) where she cooked on an almost weekly basis. Most recently Silvena was the judge on the BBC's Young Chef of the Year. Her diverse experience in the food world ranges from working in conjunction with major brands such as Waitrose's Delicatezze, to writing for the Guardian, and to working on David Cronenberg's film, Eastern Promises. Silvena's first book, Feasts, won a prestigious Glendfiddich Food and Drink award.
- Author(s)Silvena Rowe
- Date of Publication03/06/2010
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1059 g
- Width199 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.