All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChapters in this book recognize the more than forty years of sustained and distinguished lifetime achievement in mathematics education research and development of Jeremy Kilpatrick. Including contributions from a variety of skilled mathematics educators, this text hors Jeremy Kilpatrick, reflecting on his groundbreaking papers, book chapters, and books - many of which are w standard references in the literature - on mathematical problem solving, the history of mathematics education, mathematical ability and proficiency, curriculum change and its history, global perspectives on mathematics education, and mathematics assessment. Many chapters also offer substantial contributions of their own on important themes, including mathematical problem solving, mathematics curriculum, the role of theory in mathematics education, the democratization of mathematics, and international perspectives on the professional field of mathematics education.
- Author BiographyEdward A. Silver teaches and advises graduate students in mathematics education and conducts research related to the teaching and learning of mathematics. His scholarly interests include the study of mathematical thinking, especially mathematical problem solving and problem posing; the design and analysis of intellectually engaging and equitable mathematics instruction for students; innovative methods of assessing and reporting mathematics achievement; effective models for enhancing the knowledge of teachers of mathematics; and examining the interface between research and practice in education. He has published more than 160 articles, chapters, and books on these topics. Christine Keitel is a professor of mathematics education in the department of education and psychology at Freie Universitat in Berlin.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleMathematics Education Library
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, 4 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight462 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byChristine Keitel-Kreidt,Edward Silver
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.