All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Pursuing Perfection, authors Margo Maine and Joe Kelly explore the emotional, social and cultural factors behind the ongoing epidemic of disordered eating and body image despair in adult women at midlife and beyond. Written from a biopsychosocial and feminist perspective, Pursuing Perfection describes the many issues women encounter as they navigate a rapidly changing culture that promotes unhealthy standards for beauty and appearance. This updated and expanded edition (originally published as The Body Myth: Adult Women and the Pressure to Be Perfect) is a unique guide for anyone seeking practical tools and strategies for adult women looking to establish health and body acceptance.
- Author BiographyMargo Maine, PhD, FAED, CEDS, has spent over 35 years treating a broad range of eating disorders and body image issues. In her West Hartford, Connecticut practice, she treats women of all ages, shapes, sizes, cultures, races and ethnicities. A lecturer, consultant and researcher, Dr. Maine is a senior editor of Eating Disorders: The Journal of Treatment and Prevention. Additionally, she is a founding member and Fellow of the Academy for Eating Disorders; former vice-president of the Eating Disorders Coalition for Research, Policy, and Action; a founder and senior advisor to the National Eating Disorders Association and the 2015 recipient of its Lifetime Achievement Award. Joe Kelly is a best-selling author, editor, educator, father and grandfather in Emeryville, California. Formerly a Minnesota Public Radio regional News Director, he co-founded the international, award-winning, girl-edited magazine New Moon Girls and the national advocacy nonprofit Dads and Daughters(R). Kelly helps health and education professionals to mobilize and utilize their clients' and students' male loved ones as resources and also coaches men with family members suffering from eating disorders and/or addiction.
- Author(s)Joe Kelly,Margo Maine
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white tables
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.