Pursuing Professional Development: Self as Source by Andy Curtis, David Nunan, Kathleen M. Bailey (Paperback, 2001)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $67.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on the belief that teachers ultimately are responsible for their own professional development, this book explores the concept of reflective teaching and provides practical advice on how to examine critically one's own teaching practices.
- Author BiographyDr. David Nunan is Director of the English Centre and Chair Professor of Applied Linguistics, University of Hong Kong. He is well known for his innovative methodology and his remarkable ability to bring to the classroom a variety of activities that will enhance students' oral production. He is a past president of International TESOL, and has published numerous journal articles and texts including the core series Atlas, Expressions, and GO FOR IT! and the skills series Listen In, all for Heinle. His professional titles with Heinle include Second Language Teaching & Learning and Pursuing Professional Development. The Business Review Weekly selected him as the 7th most influential Australian in Asia. Dr. Kathleen M. Bailey received her M.A. in TESL and her Ph.D. in Applied Linguistics from the University of California at Los Angeles. She is a professor of Applied Linguistics at the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS), in Monterey, California, and a TESOL professor at Anaheim University. She teaches courses on language assessment in both of those programs. Dr. Bailey's research interests include teacher education, supervision and development; language assessment; classroom research; and research methodology. She received the James E. Alatis Award for service to TESOL and the Heinle Lifetime Achievement Award, and is a two-time recipient of the Allen Griffin Award for Excellence in Teaching in Monterey County. She also received the Leslie Eliason Award for Excellence in Teaching at the Monterey Institute. From 1998-1999, Dr. Bailey was the president of TESOL. She served a total of seven years on the TESOL Board of Directors. Previously she served on the TOEFL Research Committee. Since 2009 she has been the Chairman of the Board of Trustees of TIRF - The International Research Foundation for English Language Education, as well as President of that foundation. In 2014 she was elected to the presidential line of the American Association for Applied Linguistics. Andy Curtis received his M.A. in Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching in 1992, and his Ph.D. in International Education in 1996, both from the University of York in England. From 2007 to 2011, Dr Curtis was the Director of the English Language Teaching Unit at the Chinese University of Hong Kong and an associate professor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction within the Faculty of Education there. From 2002 to 2005, Dr. Curtis was the Executive Director of the School of English at Queen's University in Ontario, Canada. Over the last 20 years, Dr Curtis has worked with and presented to approximately 25,000 teachers in 30 different countries and territories, and he has published more than 100 books, chapters, and academic papers.
- Author(s)Andy Curtis,David Nunan,Kathleen M. Bailey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication04/03/2001
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight510 g
- Width189 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.