All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSustainability is a global imperative and a scientific challenge like other. This concise guide provides students and practitioners with a strategic framework for linking kwledge with action in the pursuit of sustainable development, and serves as an invaluable companion to more narrowly focused courses dealing with sustainability in particular sectors such as energy, food, water, and housing, or in particular regions of the world. Written by leading experts, Pursuing Sustainability shows how more inclusive and interdisciplinary approaches and systems perspectives can help you achieve your sustainability objectives. It stresses the need for understanding how capital assets are linked to sustainability goals through the complex adaptive dynamics of social-environmental systems, how committed people can use governance processes to alter those dynamics, and how successful interventions can be shaped through collaborations among researchers and practitioners on the ground. The ideal textbook for undergraduate and graduate students and an invaluable resource for anyone working in this fast-growing field, Pursuing Sustainability also features case studies, a glossary, and suggestions for further reading. * Provides a strategic framework for linking kwledge with action* Draws on the latest cutting-edge science and practices* Serves as the ideal companion text to more narrowly focused courses* Utilizes interdisciplinary approaches and systems perspectives* Illustrates concepts with a core set of case studies used throughout the book* Written by world authorities on sustainability* An online illustration package is available to professors
- Author BiographyPamela Matson is dean of the School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences and the Goldman Professor of Environmental Studies at Stanford University. William C. Clark is the Harvey Brooks Professor of International Science, Public Policy, and Human Development at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government. Krister Andersson is professor of political science at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Author(s)Krister Andersson,Pamela Matson,William C. Clark
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication27/04/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note7 halftones. 17 line illus. 4 tables.
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.