Pushing the Limits: The Two-Time World MotoGP Champion's Own Explosive Story by Casey Stoner (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.82+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCasey Stoner, the two-time World MotoGP champion, tells his own explosive story. Showing anything is possible when determination meets talent, two-time World MotoGP champion Casey Stoner shares his incredible journey from being a Queensland toddler with an extraordinary ability on a motorbike to his decision to retire at 27 with thing left to prove. For the first time, he tells of his early family life, the development of his riding skills and why his parents decided to sell everything and travel from Australia to Europe to chase the dream and support his aim to become World Champion when he was only 14 years old. As fearless with his opinions as he is on the racetrack, Casey includes all the highs and lows of his life so far: the real reason he left for Europe so young, his thoughts on racing as it stands today, the riders' hierarchy, the politics of racing, the importance of family, his battle with illness and why he decided to turn his back on a multimillion-dollar contract when he was still winning. And he also lets us in on some of the new goals he has set for himself.
- Author BiographyCasey Stoner is a retired Australian professional motorcycle racer and a two-time MotoGP World Champion, in 2007 and 2011. Prior to the 2012 French Grand Prix, Stoner announced that he would retire from Grand Prix racing at the conclusion of the 2012 season. In January 2013, Stoner announced that he would move to touring car racing, in the second tier Dunlop V8 Supercar Series for the 2013 season, driving a Triple Eight Race Engineering prepared Holden VE Commodore. He made his V8 debut in February 2013. Visit his website at http://www.caseystoner.com.au and follow him on Twitter at https://twitter.com/Official_CS27 Matt Roberts is a sports journalist and television presenter. Host of the BBC's live coverage of the MotoGP series, he has also co-hosted the Super Bowl live coverage and reported for the BBC's football programmes, as well as presenting coverage of the famous Isle of Man TT for ITV. Matt translated the biography of double MotoGP World Champion Jorge Lorenzo (MY STORY SO FAR) from Spanish to English and worked with Lorenzo on his second book, THE NEW KING OF MOTOGP.
- Author(s)Casey Stoner
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication07/08/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Weight475 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.