All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.79
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.72Trending at AU $29.63
About this product
- DescriptionKaren has lost her cat, Mr. Whiskers, on Friday night. She looks all over for him, and decides to put Lost Cat posters on trees and light posts around town. Soon cat rescuers begin to arrive at her home with found cats they leave with her. By the time she has thirty-seven cats, she understands why -- she did t describe Mr. Whiskers on her poster, and every person who finds a cat delivers it to Karen. Thirty-seven cats are a lot of cats. There are pussycats everywhere in the house, and Karen has a descriptive name for each: Purcee, Shredder, Clawdia, Groucho... all thirty-seven are painted in rich detail, and kids will enjoy matching names in the text to the illustrated cat. Karen takes care of them for the weekend, inventing games, feeding and loving herds of cats. When she goes to buy more cat food, she sees posters for these cats too. With Mother's help, she takes each one to its home, and finally Mr. Whiskers turns up on his own, glad to be back.
- Author BiographySheila McGraw is author of Painting and Decorating Furniture, Papier Mache Today, Gifts Kids Can Make, Papier Mache for Kids, Dolls Kids Can Make and Soft Toys to Sew. She is the illustrator of the best-selling children's books Love You Forever, and Lightning Bug Thunder.
- Author(s)Sheila McGraw
- PublisherFirefly Books
- Date of Publication02/09/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFirefly Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sheila McGraw
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.