All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe first book of criticism devoted to Pynschon's massive 2006 vel, Pynchon's Against the Day : A Corrupted Pilgrim's Guide gathers new work by more than a dozen scholars, offering readings informed by the newest developments in narratology, genre studies, ecocriticism, globalism, and the histories of science and religion. This title also offers fresh perspectives on divisive issues within Pynchon studies such as anarchism, gender, and reviewers' reception of his recent work. What emerges is a vel that will come to be seen, these essays argue, as a major part of Pynchon's storied legacy and a key work of the late Pynchon.
- Author BiographyJeffrey Severs is assistant professor in the English Department at the University of British Columbia. Christopher Leise is assistant professor of English at Whitman College. He is co-editor of, and contributor to, William Gaddis, 'The Last of Something': Critical Essays (McFarland, 2010).
- Author(s)Christopher Leise,Jeffrey Severs
- PublisherUniversity of Delaware Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationCranbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Delaware Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width162 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.