All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis colorful math workbook introduces a vel visual method for students to master their long division skills. The creative design helps to engage student interest, while the visual layout ties into one of the current pedagogical drives in education - namely, to use visual strategies since research has shown them to be effective learning tools. These visual problems also help to develop visual skills. This volume focuses on long division without remainders. The back of the book features a table of answers to help students check that they are practicing correct techniques (or it may serve as a grading key for teachers or parents). A concise description of how to do pyramid math is given in the introduction. The first page is partially completed and includes antated instructions to help students get started. There are also completely answered examples on the front and back cover. Studying these examples and checking the answers to the first page will help students become confident that they understand what to do. The interior is printed in full color with aesthetic visual patterns. The 8 x 10 pages are nearly the same size as standard school papers that students are used to working with. Each problem includes its own dedicated workspace. Both the answers and workspaces are numbered for easy correspondence. The workspaces encourage students to show their work, and the structure of the workspaces shows students how to organize their work in neat columns; students also get a little practice paying attention and making the correspondence between the answers and workspaces (otherwise they may inadvertently write a solution in the wrong place). The copyright tice permits parents/teachers who purchase one copy to make photocopies for their own children/students only. This is very convenient if you have multiple children/students or if a child/student needs additional practice. Teachers may also wish to display these colorful problems using a projective camera or a transparency overhead.
- Author BiographyChris McMullen is a physics instructor at Northwestern State University of Louisiana. He earned his Ph.D. in phenomenological high-energy physics (particle physics) from Oklahoma State University in 2002. Originally from California, he earned his Master's degree from California State University, Northridge, where his thesis was in the field of electron spin resonance. As a physics teacher, Dr. McMullen observed that many students lack fluency in fundamental math skills. In an effort to help students of all ages and levels master basic math skills, he published the Improve Your Math Fluency Series of math workbooks on arithmetic, fractions, and algebra. He also published two series of color math workbooks - pyramid math books and radial math books - which are more visual and creative.
- Author(s)Chris McMullen Ph D
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight106 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.