All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first collection of original essays entirely devoted to a detailed study of the Pyrrhonian tradition. The twelve contributions collected in the present volume combine to offer a historical and systematic analysis of the form of skepticism kwn as Pyrrhonism . They discuss whether the Pyrrhonist is an ethically engaged agent, whether he can claim to search for truth, and other thorny questions concerning ancient Pyrrhonism; explore its influence on certain modern thinkers such as Pierre Bayle and David Hume; and examine Pyrrhonian skepticism in relation to contemporary analytic philosophy.
- Author BiographyDiego E. Machuca (PhD, UBA) is Assistant Researcher in Philosophy at the Consejo Nacional de Investigaciones Cientificas y Tecnicas (Argentina), and co-editor of the International Journal for the Study of Skepticism. He has published articles on ancient skepticism, ethical skepticism, and Descartes in Pacific Philosophy Quarterly, Ancient Philosophy, Archiv fur Geschichte der Philosophie, Philosophy Compass, and elsewhere. He has also edited the volume, New Essays on Ancient Pyrrhonism (Brill, 2011).
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- Series TitleThe New Synthese Historical Library
- Series Part/Volume Number70
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight381 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byDiego E. Machuca
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.28Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.