All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover who the real Pythagoras was within the pages of this philosophical work of historical fiction. This controversial vel looks at the first philosopher from an unfamiliar perspective to most Western readers and scholars. El Koussa stands in the vanguard of a new generation of writers and thinkers who are bringing the rich and diverse history of the Phoenician culture to a new audience. Here is a historical vel for the spirits in quest of awakening... Karim El-Koussa, or the literature in awakening. - Appeared in L'orient le Jour, Wednesday October 3, 2001. Pythagoras is the quest of a Leban, its historical identity, and the spiritual identity of the Human Being. This vel is an essay of religion, philosophy and science, brought together into the human consciousness. - Appeared in the Magazine, issue of November 2, 2001: On the 19th of December 2001, at the Lebanese Press Syndicate, the poet and thinker Saiid Akl, gave his 90th award to the young Lebanese author, Karim El-Koussa.He said: I'm very happy that I'm giving my prize to Karim... I'm indeed very proud of that work on the Great Pythagoras. - Appeared in As-Safir, December 19, and Ad-Diyar, December 21, 2001. In an interview with Said Akl in the magazine Al-Afkar, issued January 21, 2002, the torious Lebanese poet stated: In 2001, there appeared three books that brightened the year... the third book was Pythagoras by Karim El-Koussa, which speaks deeply about Pythagoras, of Lebanese origin, son of Saydoun (Sidon), and one of the world's giants who has greatly influenced the sciences and religions. In October 2005, the book received two official citations for achievement in Literature in the USA; one was bestowed by the Mayor of the city of Waterbury and the other by the General Assembly of the State of Connecticut.
- Author(s)Karim El Koussa
- PublisherSunbury Press, Inc.
- Date of Publication19/10/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSunbury Press, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.