All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDo you have a biological question that could be readily answered by computational techniques, but little experience in programming? Do you want to learn more about the core techniques used in computational biology and bioinformatics? Written in an accessible style, this guide provides a foundation for both newcomers to computer programming and those interested in learning more about computational biology. The chapters guide the reader through: a complete beginners' course to programming in Python, with an introduction to computing jargon; descriptions of core bioinformatics methods with working Python examples; scientific computing techniques, including image analysis, statistics and machine learning. This book also functions as a language reference written in straightforward English, covering the most common Python language elements and a glossary of computing and biological terms. This title will teach undergraduates, postgraduates and professionals working in the life sciences how to program with Python, a powerful, flexible and easy-to-use language.
- Author BiographyTim Stevens is Senior Investigator Scientist at the MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology in Cambridge. He researches single-cell 3D genome architecture and provides computational biology oversight, development and training within the Cell Biology Division. Wayne Boucher, a mathematician and theoretical physicist by training, is a senior postdoctoral associate and computing technician for the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Cambridge. He teaches undergraduate mathematics and postgraduate programming courses, and is currently developing software for the analysis of biological molecules by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy.
- Author(s)Tim J. Stevens,Wayne Boucher
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note91 b/w illus. 11 colour illus. 3 tables
- Weight1380 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.