All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the key ideas that link probability, statistics, and machine learning illustrated using Python modules in these areas. The entire text, including all the figures and numerical results, is reproducible using the Python codes and their associated Jupyter/IPython tebooks, which are provided as supplementary downloads. The author develops key intuitions in machine learning by working meaningful examples using multiple analytical methods and Python codes, thereby connecting theoretical concepts to concrete implementations. Modern Python modules like Pandas, Sympy, and Scikit-learn are applied to simulate and visualize important machine learning concepts like the bias/variance trade-off, cross-validation, and regularization. Many abstract mathematical ideas, such as convergence in probability theory, are developed and illustrated with numerical examples. This book is suitable for anyone with an undergraduate-level exposure to probability, statistics, or machine learning and with rudimentary kwledge of Python programming.
- Author BiographyDr. Jose Unpingco completed his PhD from the University of California, San Diego in 1998 and has since worked in industry as an engineer, consultant, and instructor on a wide-variety of advanced data processing and analysis topics, with deep experience in multiple machine learning technologies. He was the onsite technical director for large-scale Signal and Image Processing for the Department of Defense (DoD) where he also spearheaded the DoD-wide adoption of scientific Python. As the primary scientific Python instructor for the DoD, he has taught Python to over 600 scientists and engineers. Dr. Unpingco is currently the Technical Director for Data Science for a non-profit Medical Research Organization in San Diego, California.
- Author(s)Jose Unpingco
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication17/03/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note103 black & white illustrations, 7 colour illustrations, 8 colour tables, biography
- Weight602 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.