All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume contains the Proceedings of the 17th Workshop of the INFN ELOISATRON Project on QCD at 200 TeV , held at the Ettore Majorana Centre for Scientific Culture, EMCSC, Erice, Trapani, Italy, in the period 11-17 June 1991. The new multi-Te V frontiers of Subnuclear Physics are more beyond our imagination. A conceptual design of the highest energy (100+100 TeV) proton-proton collider -the ELOISA TRON -already exists. Intensive R&D studies are on the go to develop the most promising and invative detector techlogies for the highest energy and lumisity. QCD (Quantum Chromo-Dynamics) will be the theory to describe the expected Physics scenario of future S upercolliders. The purpose of the Workshop was therefore to review the recent status of QCD in High Energy interactions and to discuss the vel aspects of Perturbative and Non- Perturbative QCD with special emphasis on future experimental studies at Super-High Energy Colliders, up to the 200 Te V limit. The topics were: * Classical QCD: particle multiplication, multiplicities and spectra, jet profiles, coherence effects, etc. * Hadron interaction cross-sections and structure functions at Super-High Energies, small-x behaviour, QCD Pomeron, hot spots . * QCD fragmentation models, present and future. * Artificial neural networks in High Energy Physics. * New theoretical aspects of QCD at Super-High Energies (instanton-induced large cross- sections, baryon number violation and peculiar multi-quark production events, etc.).
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication28/10/2012
- Series TitleEttore Majorana International Science Series
- Series Part/Volume Number60
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight588 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byL. Cifarelli,Y. Dokshitzer
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1992
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.