Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are a geospatial analyst who wants to learn more about automating everyday GIS tasks or a programmer who is responsible for building GIS applications,this book is for you. The short, reusable recipes make concepts easy to understand. You can build larger applications that are easy to maintain when they are put together.
- Author BiographyJoel Lawhead is a PMI-certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and the Chief Information Officer (CIO) of NVisionSolutions Inc., an award-winning firm that specializes in geospatial technology integration and sensor engineering. Joel began using Python in 1997 and began combining it with geospatial software development in 2000. He is the author of Learning Geospatial Analysis with Python, Packt Publishing. His Python cookbook recipes were featured in two editions of Python Cookbook, O'Reilly Media. He is also the developer of the widely used, open source Python Shapefile Library (PyShp) and maintains the geospatial technical blog GeospatialPython.com and the Twitter feed @SpatialPython, which discuss the use of the Python programming language within the geospatial industry. In 2011, Joel reverse engineered and published the undocumented shapefile spatial indexing format and assisted fellow geospatial Python developer, Marc Pfister, in reversing the algorithm used, allowing developers around the world to create better-integrated and more robust geospatial applications involving shapefiles. Joel served as the lead architect, project manager, and co-developer for geospatial applications used by US government agencies, including NASA, FEMA, NOAA, the US Navy, and many other commercial and non-profit organizations. In 2002, he received the international Esri Special Achievement in GIS award for his work on the Real-Time Emergency Action Coordination Tool (REACT), for emergency management using geospatial analysis.
- Author(s)Joel Lawhead
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight585 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.