Qigong for Women: Low Impact Exercises for Enhancing Energy and Toning the Body by Dominique Ferraro (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description* Low-impact, time-efficient exercises that relieve stress, restore physical health, and rebalance the mind. * Provides step-by-step instructions, with accompanying photos, for dozens of exercises specifically designed for women. * 300 black-and-white photographs. * Addresses concerns specific to women's health, including special sections on female sexuality, osteoporosis, stress, and pregnancy. * Techniques developed and perfected over the course of 2,000 years by Taoist and Buddhist monks and doctors. In today's high-powered world, women frequently find themselves pulled in many different directions. As they try to balance the demands of careers and family life, they are too often left with a feeling of imbalance, a feeling that can manifest in both physical and emotional stress. To reclaim their equilibrium and find relief, more and more women are turning to qigong, a low-impact, time-efficient daily practice of gentle exercises based on the ancient concept of acupuncture meridians. Developed and enriched over two thousand years by Taoist and Buddhist doctors and monks, chi kung offers techniques for improving breath control and mental concentration, releasing stress through self-administered massage and acupressure, and reaching and maintaining desired weight. In QIGONG FOR WOMEN, Dominique Ferraro gives step-by-step instructions, accompanied by photos, for dozens of exercises that address the specific concerns of women. Along with chapters on stress relief, aging, and physical toning, Ferraro includes information on female sexuality, osteoporosis, menstrual difficulties, and problems related to pregnancy. Through regular practice of chi kung, women can improve blood circulation, reinforce the immune system, and reestablish emotional equilibrium. Middle-aged and older women will enjoy the added benefits of recovering elasticity, whether in their joints or in their psyches. Valuable for all ages, Qigong for Women provides a system, both preventive and curative, to maintain the sense of well-being that we all deserve.
- Author BiographyDominique Ferraro lives in Milan, Italy, where she teaches qigong.
- Author(s)Dominique Ferraro
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication29/02/2000
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintHealing Arts Press
- Content Note3000 b/w photos
- Weight550 g
- Width200 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.