All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- DescriptionOver 80 step-by-step recipes to tackle the everyday challenges faced by Qlik Sense(R) developers About This Book * Create dynamic dashboards for business intelligence * Discover the techniques and practices for Qlik Sense(R) * Delve into a broad range of topics covering the Qlik Sense(R) backend and the all-important user interface Who This Book Is For The book is for everybody who have been exposed to Qlik Sense(R) and want to start using it actively for business intelligence. Anybody with prior kwledge of its sister product, QlikView, will also benefit from this book. Familiarity with the basics of business intelligence is a prerequisite. What You Will Learn * Source, load, preview, and distribute your organization's information * Maximize the effect of visualizations for different types of data * Get to grips with the new visualization functions and add bespoke features t covered in the standard options * Leverage scripting tools, techniques, and best practices that once implemented, never stop adding value * Make your user interface more advanced and intuitive with various custom objects and indicators * Explore various tips and tricks of navigation for the Qlik Sense(R) frontend * Develop creative extensions for your Qlik Sense(R) dashboard In Detail This book is an excellent guide for all aspiring Qlik Sense(R) developers. It will take you through the basics, right through to the use of more advanced functions. With the recipes in this book, you will be empowered to create fully featured desktop applications in Qlik Sense(R). Starting with a quick refresher on obtaining data from data files and databases, this book moves on to the more refined features of Qlik Sense(R), including visualization, scripting, and set analysis. The tips and tricks provided will help you to overcome challenging situations while developing your applications in Qlik Sense(R). This and more will help you to deliver engaging dashboards and reports efficiently. By the end of the book, you will be an expert user of Qlik Sense(R) and will be able to use its features effectively for business intelligence in an enterprise environment. Style and approach This book is the perfect mix of essential theory combined with real-life examples, with clear explanations of sophisticated Qlik Sense(R) concepts. Each recipe begins with a task-based problem and the answers are provided in simple steps. This book follows an intuitive problem and solution approach that is easy to follow.
- Author BiographyPhilip Hand is a senior business intelligence consultant who has worked with QlikView in the BI space for over 7 years. Working with Qlik's top partner in the UK, he has implemented end-to-end solutions in a wide variety of enterprises and for large business customers. He is loathe to talk about himself in the third person but can be persuaded to do so from time to time. You can find him on Twitter at @QlikViewer. He has a great experience and knowledge, as he has spent many years consulting in business and QlikView solutions. His belief is that such a role proves invaluable to hone your skills through exposure to many different businesses, problems, technologies, industries, and people. He is an active member of the Qlik community and never misses a developer group (http://www.qlikdevgroup.com/). Rugby lover , Music lover , Future dog owner . Neeraj Kharpate works as a senior business intelligence consultant at Capventis (http://www.capventis.com), a QlikView Elite Partner. He started his career working as a technical support executive for an aviation ERP before embarking on his journey with QlikView in mid-2007. He has worked with many big ticket companies in India, Singapore, and the United Kingdom. He has over 8 years of experience in the field of QlikView implementations and training. He is a certified Qlik Sense(R) Data architect, QlikView designer, developer, and trainer. He has been following the developments in Qlik Sense(R) very closely, ever since it was launched in 2014 and is extremely excited about the future of this product. He has done his masters in business administration at the Norwich Business School, University of East Anglia. He also has a diploma in management consulting from the Chartered Management Institute, UK. He has his first degree in Mechanical engineering from Nagpur University, India.
- Author(s)Neeraj Kharpate,Philip Hand
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication27/11/2015
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight504 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.