All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book Tony Robertson exposes the myth that is the efficacy of alternative medicine. Why does the NHS include homeopathy in its prescribable drugs? Why are people allowed to go to malarial countries with the only protection advised by homeopaths being salt tablets? People die, people are t cured, verifiable efficacy of alternative medicine is produced, and yet homeopathic 'cures' across the range of ailments and promoted by table figures such as Prince Charles, continue to be sold. In Quackery, The 20 Million Dollar Duck, Tony Robertson examines the claims of alternative therapies such as acupuncture: can it really stop smoking addiction, enable surgery to be carried out without anaesthetic, cure hearing loss ...? Unsurprisingly data for 'miracle' cures and therapies is thin on the ground. For a full expose of the dangers of 'quackery' this book is a must.
- Author BiographyTony Robertson is a retired gynaecologist. He was born in England but has lived in Africa from the age of six. He obtained his medical degree from the University of Cape Town and is a Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in England. Married to Fiona they live in Zimbabwe. Tony has taught and lectured publicly for many years. He was a lecturer at the University of Zimbabwe before spending the last 40 years in private medical practice.
- Author(s)Tony Robertson
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication31/07/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Weight617 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine26 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.