Qualitative Nursing Research: A Contemporary Dialogue by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 1990)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $79.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.96+ AU $9.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ianhelennorton
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQualitative Nursing Research addresses many of the problematic issues in qualitative research. Leading qualitative methodologists from orientations in phemelogy, grounded theory and ethgraphy contribute chapters on their favourite issues, which also form the bases for the 'dialogues' which alternate with each chapter. With the exception of a few chapters that describe a single method, the problems discussed relate to every qualitative nursing project: improving the use of self; examining one's own culture; some myths and realities of qualitative sampling; debates about counting and coding data; and ethical issues in interviewing.
- Author BiographyJanice M. Morse, PhD (Nurs), PhD (Anthro), FAAN is a professor and Presidential Endowed Chair at the University of Utah College of Nursing, and Professor Emeritus, University of Alberta, Canada., from 1991-1996, she also held a position as professor at The Pennsylvania State University. From 1997-2007, she was the founding Director and Scientific Director of the International Institute for Qualitative Methodology, University of Alberta, founding editor for the International Journal of Qualitative Methods, and Editor of the Qual Press monograph series. She remains the founding editor for Qualitative Health Research, (now in Volume 2, Sage1), is currently editor for the monograph series Developing Qualitative Inquiry, and The Essentials of Qualitative Inquiry (Left Coast Press). Her research programs are in the areas of suffering and comforting, preventing patient falls, and developing qualitative methods. In 2011, she was awarded the Lifetime Achievement in Qualitative Inquiry from the International Center for Qualitative Inquiry, was an inaugural inductee into the Sigma Theta Tau International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame (2010), the 5th recipient of the Episteme Award (also Sigma Theta Tau). She received awarded honorary doctorates from the University of Newcastle (Australia) and Athabasca University (Canada). She is the author of 460 articles and chapters and 19 books on qualitative research methods, suffering, comforting and patient falls.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/1990
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight438 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byJanice M. Morse
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.