Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionQualitative research is increasingly more common in the health professions but most general research texts are limited in their discussion of the guiding principles of qualitative research. As a result, it is difficult for students and practitioners in the fields of athletic training, physical education, fitness and health to sort out and apply the concepts involved in this method of research. Qualitative Research in Physical Activity and the Health Professions puts to rest any confusion or misunderstanding about this type of research. The text clearly explains the underlying principles of qualitative inquiry, making it easy for students and practitioners to understand how to design, conduct and evaluate qualitative research studies. Written by two authors who have conducted numerous qualitative studies, taught graduate-level research courses and advised many master's and doctoral students who have used qualitative methods in their pursuits, this text provides a focused approach to qualitative research for students and professionals in physical activity and health care fields. Through Qualitative Research in Physical Activity and the Health Professions , readers learn how to frame a researchable problem, how to develop questions to gain insight that specifically applies to the problem and how to guide the procedures for data collection and analysis. The result is a text that demystifies this very applicable type of research. This title will greatly appeal to physical activity and health students and professionals alike as they seek to learn how to use qualitative research in their work.
- Author BiographyWilliam A. Pitney, EdD, ATC, is an assistant professor at Northern Illinois University. He has been a certified athletic trainer since 1988 and has experience in clinical, high school and college settings. An athletic training educator since 1994, Pitney is currently a section editor of the Journal of Athletic Training and has twice been named the first runner-up for best clinical article. Pitney earned a bachelor's degree in physical education with a specialisation in athletic training from Indiana State University in 1988, a master's degree in physical education from Eastern Michigan University in 1992 and an EdD in adult continuing education from Northern Illinois University in 2000.
- Author(s)Jenny Parker,William A. Pitney
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white halftones
- Weight454 g
- Width254 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.