Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $140.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $194.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'The book is an extremely valuable resource for students and new researchers who embark on qualitative research in sociology and the social sciences. It will be a valuable source for those who teach qualitative research methods in t only the social sciences but also in other disciplines, including health science. I wholeheartedly recommend this book' - Australian Journal of Primary Health Qualitative Research in Sociology offers a hands-on guide to doing qualitative research in sociology. It provides an introductory survey of the methodological and theoretical dimensions of qualitative research as practised by those interested in the study of social life. Through a detailed yet concise explanation, the reader is shown how these methods work and how their outcomes may be interpreted. Practically focused throughout, the book also offers constructive advice for students analysing and writing their research projects. Key features of the book include: * An invative framework - combining different methodologies and approaches. * A variety of 'real-life' examples and case studies - enriches the book for the reader * A set of practical exercises in each chapter - pedagogical and student-focussed throughout. * International in focus - offers a wide-ranging set of approaches and debates * A broad coverage - includes discussions of ethgraphy, visual analysis, ethical issues, discourse and conversation analysis and report-writing The book has a flowing narrative and student-friendly structure which makes it accessible to and popular with students. It will be an invaluable resource for students and researchers, helping them to undertake effective qualitative research in both sociology and courses in social research across the social sciences.
- Author BiographyAmir B. Marvasti is Associate Professor of Sociology at Pennsylvania State University, Altoona. His research focuses on the social construction of deviant identities in everyday life. He is the author of Being Homeless: Textual and Narrative Constructions (Lexington Books 2003), Qualitative Research in Sociology (Sage 2003), Middle Eastern Lives in America (with Karyn McKinney, Rowman and Littlefield 2004), and Doing Qualitative Research: A Comprehensive Guide (with David Silverman, Sage 2008). His articles have been published in the Journal of Contemporary Ethnography, Qualitative Inquiry, Symbolic Interaction, and Critical Sociology.
- Author(s)Amir B. Marvasti
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication25/11/2003
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleIntroducing Qualitative Methods Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.