All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned especially for students in sport and physical activity, this book provides a detailed guide to planning, undertaking, and writing up qualitative research. Opening with a discussion of the main traits of qualitative inquiry and its use in sport and physical activity, the authors provide a coherent and accessible overview of qualitative research using numerous examples to bring research alive. The book is divided into five parts informed by stages in the research process with chapters on: * early steps in the research process * ethics * choosing your an approach * methods of data collection * analysing your the data * writing up and disseminating your findings. This is essential reading for undergraduate and Masters students carrying out a qualitative research project in sport and physical activity and for PhD students looking to refresh their kwledge.
- Author BiographyIan Jones is the Head of the Department of Sport and Physical Activity/Associate Professor in Sport at Bournemouth University. Dr Lorraine Brown is Associate Professor in Qualitative Methodology at Bournemouth University. Immy Holloway teaches Qualitative Methodology at the University of Bournemouth.
- Author(s)Ian Jones,Immy Holloway,Lorraine Brown
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication19/11/2012
- SubjectSports Studies & PE: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.