Qualitative Research in Technical Communication by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.04Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $99.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAddressing the explosive growth in qualitative research in recent years, this volume represents the first anthology to bring together a representative sample from this growing body of work, and comments on the reasons for the extraordinary interest in qualitative research. Contributors to the volume bring forward reports of significant, structured qualitative research into various aspects of technical communication practice, addressing the questions of what new insights researchers are generating about the working reality of today's technical communicators, and how technical communicators are perceived and treated by managers and by colleagues from other disciplines. Including examples of qualitative methodologies-including ethgraphy, case study, focus groups, action research, grounded theory, and interview research- used by technical communicators to strengthen their practice, the result is a rich harmony of perspectives, as diverse as the field of technical communication itself. This book will be of interest to to students and academics seeking up-to-date information on current industry practices in technical communication, as well as to practitioners in technical and professional communication. The book will also serve as a text in undergraduate seminars and courses at the master's level.
- Author BiographyJames Conklin is president of Cadence Human Systems, Inc., and currently serves as the coordinator of the Ontario Research Coalition of Research Institutes / Centres on Health and Aging, and as the co-leader of the research and evaluation team that is investigating the performance of the Seniors Health Research Transfer Network. He has a professional adjunct appointment with Concordia University, where he teaches in the MA program in Human Systems Intervention. George F. Hayhoe is professor of Technical Communication and director of the MS program in Technical Communication Management at Mercer University's School of Engineering. A fellow of the Society for Technical Communication, he was editor of its journal, Technical Communication, from 1996 to 2008. He has co-authored two books, and published book chapters, articles, and conference papers on a variety of topics in technical and professional communication.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note23 black & white tables
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byGeorge F. Hayhoe,James Conklin
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $69.17
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.15Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.