All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQuality control is a constant priority in electrical, mechanical, aeronautical, and nuclear engineering - as well as in the vast domain of electronics, from home appliances to computers and telecommunications. Quality Control Applications provides guidance and valuable insight into quality control policies; their methods, their implementation, constant observation and associated technical audits. What has previously been a mostly mathematical topic is translated here for engineers concerned with the practical implementation of quality control. Once the fundamentals of quality control are established, Quality Control Applications goes on to develop this kwledge and explain how to apply it in the most effective way. Techniques are described and supported using relevant, real-life, case studies to provide detail and clarity for those without a mathematical background. Among the many practical examples, two case studies dramatize the importance of quality assurance: A shot-by-shot analysis of the errors made in the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster; and the engineering failure with new techlogy due to the absence of quality control in an alternative energy project. This clear and comprehensive approach makes Quality Control Applications an essential reference for those studying engineering as well industry professionals involved in quality control across product and system design.
- Author BiographyProfessor Chorafas is an academic and consultant. He has been a Fulbright scholar and Member of the New York Academy of Sciences. He taught in 10 universities in Europe and North America, of which: 2 in Switzerland, 1 in Germany, 6 in the United States and 1 in Canada. The better known companies to which he has been advisor to the board are: General Electric-Bull, Univac, Honeywell, Digital Equipment, Olivetti, Nestle, Omega, Italcementi, Italmobiliare, AEG-Telefunken, Olympia, Osram, Antar, Pechiney, the American Management Association. Financial institutions which sought his assistance include the Union Bank of Switzerland, Bank Vontobel, CEDEL, the Bank of Scotland, Credit Agricole, Osterreichische Landerbank (Bank Austria), First Austrian Bank, Commerzbank, Dresdner Bank, Demir Bank, Mid-Med Bank, Banca Nazionale dell'Agricoltura, Istituto Bancario Italiano, Credito Commerciale and Banca Provinciale Lombarda. More than 8,000 banking, industrial and government executives have participated in his seminars in the United States, England, Germany, Italy, other European countries, Asia and Latin America. Dr Chorafas is the author of 153 books, some of which have been translated into 16 languages and many got 5 stars out of 5 in rating.
- Author(s)Dimitris N. Chorafas
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Reliability Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight678 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.77Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.