All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe latest experimental design techniques for quality improvement The methods taught in this book are a major contribution to statistical methods as an aid to engineers, as well as to those in industry, education, or government who are trying to understand the meaning of fi gures derived from comparisons or experiments. -- W. EDWARDS DEMING Co-written by three recipients of the Deming Medal awarded by the American Society for Quality (ASQ), Quality Improvement through Planned Experimentation, Third Edition discusses the principles and methodologies for planning and conductingexperiments to improve products, processes, or systems. Fully revised with up-to-date case studies and incorporating new software, this authoritative guide fosters the sequential building of kwledge essential for implementing effective improvements. End-of-chapter exercises reinforce what you've learned, and forms for designing planned experiments help you to integrate themethods in the book into your daily work. The methods of planned experimentation provide an opportunity to better meet the needs of customers, reduce costs, and increase productivity by effecting verifiably beneficial changes. COVERAGE INCLUDES: * Improvement of quality * Principles for design and analysis of planned experiments * Experiments with one factor * Experiments with more than one factor * Reducing the size of experiments * Evaluating sources of variation* Sequential experimentation * Using a time series response variable * Designs with factors at more than two levels * Applications in health care * New product design NEW: Study-it software available for download!
- Author BiographyRonald D. Moen is a statistician, consultant, and teacher to industry, government, healthcare, and education. He is a member of Associates in Process Improvement (API, 1984) and Adjunct Lecturer in the Physics and Engineering Science Department at the University of Michigan-Flint (1995-2005). Moen's experiences of over 30 years include General Motors Corporation and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. He served as a Deming helper at 70 of his four-day seminars (1983-1993) and is a senior fellow at the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI). Moen is coauthor of Improving Quality through Planned Experimentation, Second Edition and Quality Improvement through Planned Experimentation (both McGraw-Hill), He is the 2002 recipient of the Deming Medal. Thomas W. Nolan, Ph.D., is a statistician, author, consultant, and member of Associates in Process Improvement, a consulting firm specializing in the improvement of quality and productivity. He is also a Senior Fellow and member of the executive team of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement. Dr. Nolan is the author of three books on improving quality and productivity and has published articles in a variety of peer-reviewed journals. In 2000, he was the recipient of the Deming Medal awarded by the American Society for Quality. Lloyd P. Provost works as an advisor to organizations, helping them make improvements in their products and services and increase their capacity to continually learn and improve. In his work with leaders of organizations, Lloyd uses the Associates in Process Improvement (API) Quality as a Business Strategy template for alignment and focusing of improvement. He is the author of several papers relating to quality and measurement and coauthor of Quality Improvement Through Planned Experimentation, Second Edition (McGraw-Hill). He was the year 2003 recipient of the Deming Medal awarded by the American Society for Quality.
- Author(s)Lloyd P. Provost,Ronald D. Moen,Thomas W. Nolan
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight807 g
- Width157 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.