All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this thesis, the author makes several contributions to the study of design of graphical materials. The thesis begins with a review of the relationship between design and aesthetics, and the use of mathematical models to capture this relationship. Then, a vel method for linking linguistic concepts to colors using the Latent Dirichlet Allocation Dual Topic Model is proposed. Next, the thesis studies the relationship between aesthetics and spatial layout by formalizing the tion of visual balance. Applying principles of salience and Gaussian mixture models over a body of about 120,000 aesthetically rated professional photographs, the author provides confirmation of Arnhem's theory about spatial layout. The thesis concludes with a description of tools to support automatically generating personalized design.
- Author BiographyDr. Ali Jahanian graduated with a Ph.D. from the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Purdue University, and is currently at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory.
- Author(s)Ali Jahanian
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication16/06/2016
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 42 colour illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 25 colour tables, biography
- Weight397 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.