All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title presents cutting-edge quantitative phase imaging techniques and their applications. Filled with unique, full-color images taken by advanced quantitative phase imaging (QPI), Quantitative Phase Imaging of Cells and Tissues thoroughly explores this invative techlogy and its biomedical applications. An introductory background on optical imaging and traditional optical microscopy is included to illustrate concept development. The book explains how various visualization modalities can be obtained by numerical calculations. This authoritative resource reveals how to take full advantage of the unprecedented capabilities of QPI, such as rendering scattering properties of minute subcellular structures and nascale fluctuations in live cells. Coverage includes: Groundwork; Spatiotemporal field correlations; Image characteristics; Light microscopy; Holography; Point scanning QPI methods; Principles of full-field QPI; Off-axis full-field methods; Phase-shifting techniques; Common-path methods; White light techniques; Fourier transform light scattering (FTLS); and, Current trends in QPI.
- Author BiographyGabriel Popescu is Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Beckman Institute for Advanced Science & Technology. He is the editor of Nanobiophotonics.
- Author(s)Gabriel Popescu
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight597 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.