Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionQuantitative Social Research Methods explores the entire spectrum of quantitative social research methods and their application, with special reference to the development sector. It provides detailed coverage of all statistical research and analysis method with an emphasis on multivariate analysis techniques, such as regression discriminant analysis, logistic regression, factor, factor, cluster, correspondence and conjoint analysis. The book is thematically arranged in two sections: the first section introduces development research techniques, explores the genesis and scope of social research, research processes and then goes on to explain univariate, bivariate and multivariate data analysis with the help of software packages such as SPSS and STATA. The second focuses on the application of social and development research methods in the development sector. It explores research method application and the issues relevant to aspects of development such as population, health and nutrition, poverty and rural development, education, water and sanitation, and environment and natural resource management.
- Author BiographyKultar Singh is founding member and Director, Sambodhi Research and Communications. He has worked extensively on research projects covering a wide gamut of development issues, including poverty, livelihood, health and nutrition, and HIV/AIDS. He has garnered extensive quantitative research experience during his association with organisations such as ACNielsen ORGMARG, CARE, BASICS and PFI. Mr Singh has also written extensively on social and developmental issues. His interests include development research and project planning management, and advanced data analysis using quantitative and qualitative statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, EPI Info, ATLAS Ti and N6.
- Author(s)Kultar Singh
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/03/2007
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width158 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.