All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQuantities, Symbols, Units, and Abbreviations in the Life Sciences is a reliable compilation of the most up-to-date recommendations for using units, symbols, abbreviations, and acronyms in scientific publications across the biological sciences. Drawing on the authority of the various menclature committees of the many international societies in the biosciences, as well as on the editors of prestigious scientific journals, and on eminent individuals active in scientific publishing, this essential reference provides authors and editors with easy access to the authoritative usage of the universally accepted terms they need for clear scientific communication. The compiled symbols, units, and abbreviations are defined, with commentary and some etymological background frequently provided. The diverse scope of disciplines treated includes biochemistry, molecular biology, medicine, genetics, immulogy, and virology, plus appropriate sections on mathematics, physics, and chemistry.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight236 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byArnost Kotyk
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1999
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.