All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQuantum physics, which offers an explanation of the world on the smallest scale, has fundamental implications that pose a serious challenge to ordinary logic. Particularly counterintuitive is the tion of entanglement, which has been explored for the past 30 years and posits an ubiquitous randomness capable of manifesting itself simultaneously in more than one place. This amazing 'n-locality' is more than just an abstract curiosity or paradox: it has entirely down-to-earth applications in cryptography, serving for example to protect financial information; it also has enabled the demonstration of 'quantum teleportation', whose infinite possibilities even science-fiction writers can scarcely imagine. This delightful and concise exposition does t avoid the deep logical difficulties of quantum physics, but gives the reader the insights needed to appreciate them. From 'Bell's Theorem' to experiments in quantum entanglement, the reader will gain a solid understanding of one of the most fascinating areas of contemporary physics.
- Author BiographyNicolas Gisin is Head of the Applied Physics Group at the University of Geneva and cofounder of ID Quantique. He is internationally renowned for his work in quantum communication and Editor of the series Quantum Science and Technology . In 2009 he received the first John S. Bell award for the demonstrations of long distance entanglement and quantum teleportation, together with his numerous contributions to the theory of Bell inequalities.
- Author(s)N. Gisin
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication18/07/2014
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 3 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight221 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byAlain Aspect
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.