All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThe control of individual quantum systems promises a new techlogy for the 21st century - quantum techlogy. This book is the first comprehensive treatment of modern quantum measurement and measurement-based quantum control, which are vital elements for realizing quantum techlogy. Readers are introduced to key experiments and techlogies through dozens of recent experiments in cavity QED, quantum optics, mesoscopic electronics, and trapped particles several of which are analysed in detail. Nearly 300 exercises help build understanding, and prepare readers for research in these exciting areas. This important book will interest graduate students and researchers in quantum information, quantum metrology, quantum control and related fields. Novel topics covered include adaptive measurement; realistic detector models; mesoscopic current detection; Markovian, state-based and optimal feedback; and applications to quantum information processing.
- Author BiographyHoward M. Wiseman is Director of the Centre for Quantum Dynamics at Griffith University, Australia. He has worked in quantum measurement and control theory since 1992, and is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science (AAS). He has received the Bragg Medal of the Australian Institute of Physics, the Pawsey Medal of the AAS, and the Malcolm Macintosh Medal of the Federal Science Ministry. Gerard J. Milburn is an Australian Research Council Federation Fellow at the University of Queensland, Australia. He has written three previous books, on quantum optics, quantum technology, and quantum computing. He has been awarded the Boas Medal of the Australian Institute of Physics and is a Fellow of the Australian Academy of Science and the American Physical Society.
- Author(s)Gerard J. Milburn,Howard M. Wiseman
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/07/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 295 exercises
- Weight760 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.