All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic text provides a comprehensive exposition of the concepts and techniques of quantum mechanics. The phemena treated are sufficiently simple to allow the student to readily assess the validity of the models so that attention is t deflected from the heart of the subject. To that end, the book concentrates on systems that can either be solved exactly or be handled by well-controlled, plausible approximations. With few exceptions, this means systems with a small number of degrees of freedom. The exceptions are many,electron atoms, the electromagnetic field and the Dirac equation. The inclusion of the last two topics reflects the belief that every physicist should w have some kwledge of these cornerstones of modern physics.
- Author BiographyKurt Gottfried Born in Vienna, Kurt Gottfried emigrated to Canada in 1939 and received his Ph.D. in theoretical physics from MIT in 1955. He is professor of physics at Cornell University, and has been a Junior Fellow and assistant professor of Physics at Harvard University, a visiting professor at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and a senior staff member at CERN in Geneva. A recipient of a John Simon Guggenheim fellowship, Dr. Gottfried is also a member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has served as chairman, Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society. He is also the co-author, with V.F. Weisskopf, of Concepts of Particle Physics. Dr. Gottfried has an active interest in arms control and human rights and has testified before Congress on these issues.
- Author(s)Kurt Gottfried
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication30/11/1993
- Series TitleAdvanced Books Classics
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationReading, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerseus Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight477 g
- Width152 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.