All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a thought-provoking book. Mirman is a crusader for the advancement of a -nsense approach to physics. He does t request your complete agreement, but your willingness to think, which is good. I enjoyed the ride. David J. Santos, Mathematical Reviews In-depth analysis of the necessity for quantum mechanics and for its properties. All are (easily) understandable and unavoidable. Geometry, group theory and consistency require wavefunctions (group basis vectors) and that nature be probabilistic. Absolute values for experiments follow. Probability is defined. Reasons for confusion and misunderstandings are analyzed; much are based on misuse of (what is often t) language. These are extirpated. It is shown why (t only) the Einstein, Podolsky, Rosen paradox, uncertainty principles, the vacuum, are so thoroughly misunderstood. Quantum mechanics is local (with spookiness) and requires the vacuum be empty. Reality is mathematical.
- Author(s)R Mirman
- Date of Publication16/12/2004
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.