All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume 5 of the 5-volume Quantum Nachemistry focuses on modeling and predicting of the enzyme kinetics and quantitative structure-activity relationships. It reveals the quantum implications to bio-organic and bio-irganic systems, to enzyme kinetics, and to pharmacophore binding sites of chemical-biological interaction of molecules through cell membranes in targeting specific bindings modeled by celebrated QSARs (Quantitative Structure-Activity Relationships) here reshaped as Qu-SAR (Quantum Structure-Activity Relationships).
- Author BiographyMihai V. Putz, PhD is a laureate in physics (1997), with an MS degree in spectroscopy (1999), and PhD degree in chemistry (2002), with many post-doctorate stages: in chemistry (2002-2003) and in physics (2004, 2010, 2011) at the University of Calabria, Italy, and Free University of Berlin, Germany, respectively. He is currently associate professor of theoretical and computational physical chemistry at West University of Timisoara, Romania. He has made valuable contributions in computational, quantum, and physical chemistry through seminal works that appeared in many international journals. He actively promoted a new method of defining electronegativity, DFE (Density Functional Electronegativity), among new enzyme kinetics (Logistic Enzyme Kinetics), a new formalization of the structure-activity relationship (SPECTRAL-SAR) model, and recently the bondonic quasi-particle theory of the chemical bonding first application on nanosystems as graphene, all seeking for a unitary quantum approach of the chemical structure and reactivity targeting the bio-, pharmaco-, and ecological analytical description. He is editor-in-chief of the International Journal of Chemical Modelling and the International Journal of Environmental Sciences. He is member of many professional societies and has received several national and international awards from the Romanian National Authority of Scientific Research (2008), the German Academic Exchange Service DAAD (2000, 2004, 2011), and the Center of International Cooperation of Free University Berlin (2010). He is the leader of the Laboratory of Computational and Structural Physical Chemistry for Nanosciences and QSAR at Biology-Chemistry Department of West University of Timisoara, Romania, where he conducts research in the fundamental and applicative fields of quantum physical-chemistry and QSAR. In 2010 Mihai V. Putz was declared through a national competition the Best Researcher of Romania, while in 2013 he was recognized among the first Dr. Habil. in Chemistry in Romania. In 2013 he was appointed scientific director of the newly founded Laboratory of Structural and Computational Physical Chemistry for Nanosciencs and QSAR in his alma mater of West University of Timisoara, while from 2014, he was recognized by the Romanian Ministry of Research as principal investigator of the first degree, and also becoming full member of the International Academy of Mathematical Chemistry.
- Author(s)Mihai V. Putz
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note346 black & white illustrations, 23 colour illustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.