Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.92Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of quantum plasmas has a long and diverse tradition. The subject is becoming of increasing interest. This book synthesizes two fields: classical kinetic theory of collisionless plasmas and quantum electrodynamics. The whole approach is new and t seen in other texts. The book therefore provides a comprehensive introduction to a more general formalism for plasma kinetic and dispersion theory.
- Author BiographyFollowing completion of his doctoral thesis, in theoretical particle physics at Oxford University in 1965, Don Melrose changed his research interests to plasma astrophysics. After post-doctoral appointments in the UK and the USA he returned to Australia in 1969, to the Australian National University until he took up his current appointment as Professor of Physics (Theoretical) at the University of Sydney in 1979. He made important contributions to the theory of coherent emission processes in astrophysics: plasma emission in solar radio bursts, electron cyclotron maser emission and pulsar radio emission. His current interests include pulsars, quantum plasmas and solar flares.
- Author(s)Donald Melrose
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/11/2010
- Series TitleLecture Notes in Physics
- Series Part/Volume Number735
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight741 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.