Quartered Safe Out Here: A Harrowing Tale of World War II by George MacDonald Fraser (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $30.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge MacDonald Fraserbeloved for his series of Flashman historical velsoffers an action-packed memoir of his experiences in Burma during World War II. Fraser offers a firsthand glimpse at the camaraderie, danger, and satisfactions of service. A substantial epilogue, occasioned by the fiftieth anniversary of V-J Day in 1995, adds poignancy to a volume that eminent military historian John Keegan described as one of the great personal memoirs of the Second World War. In this rattling-good memoir, velist, historian, and screenwriter Fraser vividly recounts the nerve-racking frontline action he saw while serving as a nineteen-year-old soldier during what turned out to be the last great land campaign of World War IIthe British army s ferocious campaign against the Japanese in Burma. The realism of his story, combined with the skills of a talented velist, create a book of sentiment and excitement. This is unforgettable reading, both for fans of Fraser s vels and for anyone interested in one of the great battles of World War II. Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Arcade, Good Books, Sports Publishing, and Yucca imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of biographies, autobiographies, and memoirs. Our list includes biographies on well-kwn historical figures like Benjamin Franklin, Nelson Mandela, and Alexander Graham Bell, as well as villains from history, such as Heinrich Himmler, John Wayne Gacy, and O. J. Simpson. We have also published survivor stories of World War II, memoirs about overcoming adversity, first-hand tales of adventure, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyGeorge MacDonald Fraser served in World War II and went on to become a journalist, novelist, and screenwriter. He has won critical and popular acclaim for his successful Flashman series of historical novels. He died at the age of eighty-two on January 2, 2008.
- Author(s)George MacDonald Fraser
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication05/08/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Notemaps
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.34
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.