All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- Descriptiongrams of which the objective is given by the ratio of a convex by a positive (over a convex domain) concave function. As observed by Sniedovich (Ref. [102, 103]) most of the properties of fractional pro- grams could be found in other programs, given that the objective function could be written as a particular composition of functions. He called this new field C- programming, standing for composite concave programming. In his seminal book on dynamic programming (Ref. ), Sniedovich shows how the study of such com- positions can help tackling n-separable dynamic programs that otherwise would defeat solution. Barros and Frenk (Ref. ) developed a cutting plane algorithm capable of optimizing C-programs. More recently, this algorithm has been used by Carrizosa and Plastria to solve a global optimization problem in facility location (Ref. ). The distinction between global optimization problems (Ref. ) and generalized convex problems can sometimes be hard to establish. That is exactly the reason why so much effort has been placed into finding an exhaustive classification of the different weak forms of convexity, establishing a new definition just to satisfy some desirable property in the most general way possible. This book does t aim at all the subtleties of the different generalizations of convexity, but concentrates on the most general of them all, quasiconvex programming. Chapter 5 shows clearly where the real difficulties appear.
- Author(s)J.A. Dos Santos Gromicho
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleApplied Optimization
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight396 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.