All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIn the first comprehensive, theoretically informed work in English on Quebec cinema, Marshall views his subject as neither the assertion of some unproblematic national wholeness r a random collection of disparate voices that drown out or invalidate the question of nation. Instead, he shows that while the allegory of nation marks Quebec film production it also leads to a tension between textual and contextual forces, between homogeneity and heterogeneity, and between major and mir modes of being and identity. Drawing on a broad framework of theory and particularly indebted to the work of Gilles Deleuze and Felix Guattari, Quebec National Cinema makes a valuable contribution to debates in film studies on national cinemas and to the burgeoning interest in French studies in the culture and politics of la francophonie.
- Author BiographyBill Marshall is Professor of Comparative Literary & Cultural Studies School of Languages, Cultures & Religions University of Stirling
- Author(s)Bill Marshall
- PublisherMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Date of Publication10/10/2000
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMcGill-Queen's University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight635 g
- Width149 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine585 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.