All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe young Queen Victoria was a potent sex symbol, attracting outlandish fantasists. She also attracted stalkers and other unwanted attention seekers. The Victorian Press sardonically dubbed such people Victoria's lovers. Victorian psychiatrists labelled them, erotomaniacs. Drawing on original and untapped sources this book tells their unexpurgated stories. It includes the tale of Captain Jonathan Childe of the Royal Horse Guards, who bombarded Victoria with outrageously porgraphic love letters. These letters greatly anyed Prince Albert and led to frantic meetings at the highest levels of the British state. They are published here for the first time. The book also compares Victoria's Lovers to the modern cult of Diana-mania. PRAISE FOR FRED VERMOREL i-D Magazine: Fred Vermorel is a brilliantly scornful and scathingly funny writer. -- Toronto Star: There were some bits that were so sick I had to read them three times. -- London Review of Books: Beautiful and worrying. -- Centre Press, France: Reads like a thriller. -- London Evening Standard: Extraordinary... porgraphic. -- The Spectator: A deeply shocking book, an outrage, a scandal. -- Les Nouvelles litteraires: Absolutely astonishing... a real work of history...
- Author BiographyFred relaxes in the back garden of Kate Moss's country house at Little Faringdon, in the Cotswolds, while researching his 2007 biography of the supermodel. Fred Vermorel has written many best-selling non-fiction books. He is best known for his controversial anti-biographies of pop icons ranging from the Sex Pistols to Vivienne Westwood to Kate Moss. He has equally pioneered the in-depth study of celebrity and fan cultures. Awarded a PhD for his work in 2011, Fred lectures widely on cultural history and research technique. He lives in London and Paris.
- Author(s)Fred Vermorel
- PublisherPalace Publications
- Date of Publication14/04/2014
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalace Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.